The largest service club organization in the world with over 1.4 million members. Both men and women are welcome to join our club and help us improve the quality of life for others. The Lion’s motto is “WE SERVE.”

Photo from 22nd Annual Noquemanon Ski Marathon 2020

The Negaunee Lions Club was founded in 1955. We are part of an international organization of nearly 46,000 clubs and over 1.4 million members world-wide. Lions Club members seek to volunteer their time and energy toward local and world humanitarian causes that improve the quality of life of others.



In Negaunee, the Lions support many programs with financial assistance as well as volunteer work. In February you may see Lions volunteering at road crossings for the Polar Roll Bike Race, or in May taking contributions for the White Cane drive, or in August serving at an aid station at the Ore To Shore Mountain Bike Epic. Fundraisers throughout the year such as our Teal Lake Melt-Down, Pancake Breakfast, and Ore To Shore Pasta Feed help the club raise more than $10,000 annually for donations made throughout each year.

100% of fundraiser net proceeds are used to support the needs of others through donations and scholarships. Over the last three years the Negaunee Lions Club has put 91% of fundraising net proceeds to work supporting organizations within Marquette County, 95% within the U.P., with the remaining 5% supporting such organizations as the Michigan Leader Dogs For The Blind School and the Michigan Eye Bank.

Contact us if you would like to become a member!

Lions Clubs International

President Mike Smock presenting 2021 ‘We Serve’ awards to
NHS seniors Braydon Oglesby and Lily Ulvila.

Lions President Mike Smock presenting check to
Salvation Army and Teaching Family Homes


Teal Lake Melt-Down Structure Sunk on Monday, April 5 at 3:18pm

Negaunee MI – Mike Guenette of Negaunee is the winner of the 2021 Teal Lake Melt-Down.
The headframe structure went through the ice on Monday, April 5 at 3:18pm. The prize amount of $2188 was won with a winning guess of 3:01pm, April 5, 2021.
The Teal Lake Melt-Down is a community fundraiser benefiting the Negaunee Lions Club and the Greater Ishpeming-Negaunee Area Chamber of Commerce. The community purchased tickets to take a guess at when the headframe would break through the ice, with the winner being the closest guess to the time. Deadline for ticket sales was April 1.
This is the fifth year that the Negaunee Lions Club has held this fundraiser, and the third year the Greater Ishpeming-Negaunee Area Chamber of Commerce has partnered with them.


Negaunee Lion Receives International Award

Click to read article

New Members

New Club members Doug LaBelle, Randy Pierce, and Bob Hendrickson were inducted at our May 2021 general meeting.